Organisations offering support
If you have concerns around UK citizenship, some of the organisations Path to Papers works with who may be able to offer support are listed below.
Kids in Need of Defence UK
KIND UK is a non-profit collaboration between five law centres and non-profit immigration advice providers, with the goal of obtaining citizenship or leave to remain for eligible children.
KIND UK’s constituent organisations are:
- Central England Law Centre (Coventry and Birmingham area)
- Islington Law Centre (London)
- Coram Children’s Legal Centre (London, children only)
- Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit (Manchester, immigration issues only)
- Just Right Scotland (Scotland)
Law centres provide free legal advice and representation to people who need it; most provide immigration advice to both adults and children.
The Law Centres Network is a federation of multiple law centres and maintains a directory of law centres in other locations.
Refugee and Migrant Centres and other immigration advice organisations
These organisations may not be able to provide legal advice, but can offer help and support with both immigration issues and queries, and other problems that may affect you as a refugee, migrant, or undocumented person.
- Citizens UK (general advice)
- The Children’s Society (general and immigration-specific advice)
- Latin American Womens’ Rights Service
- Migrants Organise (migrant and refugee advice, organisation, and support)
- Place2Be (children’s mental health)
- Refugee and Migrant Centre (Birmingham and the Black Country; casework, advice and support with immigration, housing/homelessness/destitution, welfare, education, health, citizenship and employment)
- Toynbee Hall (general advice and support)